Senior Year is an exciting time full of fun experiences. Please review the information below carefully, as well as the NC and MGSD Graduation Requirements, to ensure you don't miss out on any of the fun!
Also be sure to touch base with Mr. Rotundra, our college advisor. He can help you apply for financial aid, select your colleges to apply to, and help you plan for life after MHS!
OCTOBER 10-11, 2017
Southern Recognition representatives will be on campus for answer questions and complete orders for graduation needs and class rings.
OCTOBER 19, 2017
8:30 - 9:30 AM College Fair for seniors. Over 50 colleges and universities will be in attendance!
DECEMBER 13, 2017
Senior Ring Ceremony
DECEMBER 14, 2017
Capstone Presentations 3:00-5:00
DECEMBER 15, 2017
Caps & gowns orders due.
DECEMBER 19, 2017
MAY (DATE TBA)
Cap and Gown pictures
MAY 17, 2018Capstone Presentations
MAY 2018 (Date TBA)
6:30 PM Senior Scholarship & Awards night (The ceremony begins at 6:30, but seniors need to arrive by 6:00 dressed in cap & gown with the proper clothing and shoes.). All seniors are invited to attend, but this event is not required.
JUNE 2018 (Date TBA)
6:00 PM Baccalaureate Service in the auditorium. Come wearing your cap and gown. Arrive by 5:45 pm to walk in as a group.
JUNE 7, 2018
9:00 AM MANDATORY Graduation Practice
JUNE 8, 2018
8:00 AM Senior Breakfast in the MHS Cafeteria
9:00 AM MANDATORY Graduation Practice in the auditorium.
JUNE 9, 2018
8:30 AM Graduation--stadium
Graduation begins at 8:30, but seniors need to arrive by 7:45 AM. Only students that meet all graduation requirements will be allowed to participate in the graduation ceremony.
- Ladies, wear a dress or skirt and blouse. The dress or skirt should not be visible below t he hem of your gown. No slacks, please. You may want to pin or stitch the collar to your gown to hold it in place. The paper tabs that come with the collar will not hold it in place.
- Gentlemen, wear dark slacks and a white or light-colored shirt with a tie.
- Everyone should wear dark dress shoes.
- No shorts, casual sandals, flip-flops or tennis shoes.
- The cap is worn on the top of the head with the board parallel to the ground or floor.
- The tassel should hang over the front right side.
- Since the purpose of the cap and gown is dignity and uniformity, you cannot alter them with writing or other forms of decoration.
- And please, no gum!
If you cannot afford any of the required items of clothing, please see the principal, a counselor, or a teacher privately. Give us enough time and we can help you get what you need.