Enrollment Information

We want to help make your move as smooth as possible.  When enrolling your child in our school system, you will need the following information/documents:

1.  Proof of Residency:  Families must reside in the Mooresville Graded School District for their children to attend our schools.  When enrolling your child, please bring two (2) proof of residency documents with you:  a utility bill, lease agreement, or home purchase statement.

2.  Immunization Record:  You must bring your child’s current immunization record at time of enrollment.

3.  Social Security Number:  You will need to know your child’s Social Security number in order to enroll him/her.

4.  Certified Birth Certificate:  For all newly enrolling Kindergarten students, you must present a certified birth certificate upon enrollment.  For students who have been previously enrolled in school, a copy will suffice.  A student must be five years of age on or before August 31 of the year they begin Kindergarten.

5.  Previous School Information:  Please bring contact information, including fax number, of the school you are transferring from so that MGSD can request your child’s records.

If you have any questions regarding enrolling your child in Mooresville Graded School District, please do not hesitate to call our district offices at (704) 658-2530.  To review Mooresville Graded School District's Domicile or Residence Requirements, please visit the MGSD Central Office and ask to see Policy Code 4120 of the MGSD Board of Education Policy Manual.

email page print page small type large type
powered by finalsite